Saturday, November 20, 2010

Made in Nepal

I am struggling with jet lag and trying to compose some thoughts on the whole experience. In the meantime, here are some images that I love that did not make it into any other posts.



A few more from Bhaktapur




One of the really cool things about Bhaktapur is that, while it is a Unesco World Heritage site, it is truly a living museum. People here go about their daily lives while the tourists flock to the temples and shrines. This photo was taken right next to Natapolaya and many other temples:



Working clay in Potter's Square:












Fun with signs







Patan is the third of the historic city states of the Kathmandu Valley. It is just south of Kathmandu, an easy bus ride. I went there the day before the trip to Tambuchet, so I never got around to giving it its own post.



A street vendor steaming momos (dumplings)


Sweet shop





















On the first day in Kathmandu, all the volunteers are supposed to be taken to Swayambunath, the Monkey Temple. Somehow I didn't manage to get there until my second to last day.




Shanti at Swayambunath




1 comment:

  1. Amazing shots. I love so many of them. 7-Seven cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete